This website (the “site”) is operated by Talent in Logistics Ltd as a subsidiary of CAPITB Ltd (“we/our/us”).
We take the privacy and protection of data and information seriously and are committed to handling the personal information of all those we engage with, whether you are a customer, partner, supplier, award judge, colleague or any other community.
What information we collect
- Contact details: name, telephone number, email address, postal address
- Educational, nationality and professional background information
- Usernames and passwords
- Payment information, such as credit or debit card number
- Comments, feedback, posts and other content you submit
- Interests and communication preferences, including marketing permissions where appropriate
- Location information
We collect and use your personal information in the following categories:
- Information you give us: This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, address, date of birth, email address, phone number and emergency contact information. Optionally, you may choose to complete surveys about our products or services.
- Information we collect from your use of our site and applications: With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information;
- Technical information, such as, where available, the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the internet, operating system, browser type, and what type of device you are using to access our service.
- Traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
- Information we collect throughout our relationship: This is information relating to your use of our products and services, including: analytical data relating to how you interact with our products and services.
- Information we collect when you call us: If you call us we will automatically collect the phone number used to call us.
- Providing us with your details online: This is information you may choose to provide us with using the ‘sign up to our mailing list’ or ‘subscribe to the Talent in Logistics Journal’ forms on our site which involves supplying us with your name, job title, company and email address. Please let us know if any of this information changes so we can keep our records up to date.
- In connection to our events, for instance exhibition or conference visitors, delegates, exhibitors, speakers and attendee data.
Sensitive personal data
If collecting or storing sensitive personal data such as information relating to health, beliefs or political affiliation, we typically ask for your explicit consent. However, there are some situations where it will not be possible to request consent, such as if you have an accident at one of our events. If this does occur, we will ensure your privacy rights are protected.
Children’s personal data
Our products and services are directed to academics and business professionals. They are not intended for children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal data from this age group. If any information is collected from a child under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, it will be deleted.
Why do we collect this information
- In order to perform our contract with you. This includes carrying out our obligations to you and providing you with our products and services.
- For the purpose of improving our service to you, to ensure that content from our site and through our services is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
- To deal with any legal queries relating to your use of our service.
- To provide you with service communications so that you receive a full and functional service and so we can perform our obligations to you. These may be sent by email or, if the circumstances require it, we may contact you by post. These will include notifications about changes to our business.
- To provide you with marketing communications including, with your permission, information about other goods and services we offer.
Information we collect from your use of the site. We will use this information for the following purposes:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To improve our site and applications to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
- As part of our efforts to keep our site and applications safe and secure.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
Product enquiries, sales and administration
If you have agreed to participate in one of our events as a speaker, sponsor, exhibitor or attendee, personal information is used in connection with the running of the event, to handle payments or for other purposes, as is necessary for performing the contract entered into. We will also use your personal information to maintain our databases, assess your qualities as a speaker, sponsor or exhibitor, promote events and encourage further engagement at our events, as part of the legitimate interests we have as a commercial organisation. In addition, we sometimes take photos and videos at our events, which may feature attendees, speakers, sponsors or exhibitors. Where photos and videos are taken that feature you as an attendee, speaker, sponsor or exhibitor, we may use those photos and videos for promotional purposes.
We will use your personal information to send you email newsletters, offers or other marketing emails to keep you up to date with our news, events and products that may be of interest. As we work with multiple partners and sponsors, we may also send you emails from time-to-time from these partners and sponsors to promote their news, products and services. Depending on the nature of your interaction with us and the laws of the country where you live, you may have actively given your consent for this by opting in, or we may be entitled to rely on your implied consent or our legitimate interests. The opportunity to opt out of future marketing emails will always be provided, and information on how to do this given when your personal information is collected and on every marketing email sent. You have the right to amend your marketing preferences at any time.
When you disclose personal information on any public bulletin board or chat areas of this website, or any other website used as a result of use of this website, such personal information can be collected and used by anyone who views that board or area. This may result in unsolicited messages from other participants or other parties, which we are not responsible for. Where you engage on our customer enquiry chat areas, we will use any information provided to help recommend our products and/or assist with confirming any order you wish to place.
Information we collect throughout our relationship will be used to help us provide you with our products and services, and to improve our service provision. Information we receive from other sources. See the ‘Who might we share your information with’ section below for details of how we use information in conjunction with our associated third parties.
Sharing Your Information
You agree that for the purposes set out in the ‘why do we collect this information’ section above, we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Selected associated third parties: business partners, sponsors, subsidiaries, judging panel, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Customer survey providers in order to receive feedback and improve our products and services.
- Statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns to our advertisers. This is aggregate information and does not identify any individual.
- Any member of our group, which means our parent company and other companies within our group.
Additionally, we will disclose your personal information to the relevant third party:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
How Long Do We Hold This Information
We will keep information about you for 3 years to provide you with service communications so that you receive a full and functional service and so we can perform our obligations to you and to provide you with marketing communications including, with your permission, information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
Please notify us of changes to your status which would require the deletion of your data.
Where processing of your personal data is based on consent, you can withdraw that consent at any time. You have the following rights. You can exercise these rights at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You have the right:
- To ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes
- To ask us not to process your personal data where it is processed on the basis of legitimate interests provided that there are no compelling reasons for that processing
- To ask us not to process your personal data for scientific or historical research purposes, where relevant, unless the processing is necessary in the public interest
- To request from us access to personal information held about you
- To ask for the information we hold about you to be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- To ask for data to be erased provided that the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, you withdraw consent (if the legal basis for processing is consent), you exercise your right to object, set out below, and there are no overriding legitimate ground for processing, the data is unlawfully processed, the data needs to be erased to comply with a legal obligation or the data is children’s data and was collected in relation to an offer of information society services
- To ask for the processing of that information to be restricted if the accuracy of that data is contested, the processing is unlawful, the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or you exercise your right to object (pending verification of whether there are legitimate grounds for processing)
- To ask for data portability if the processing is carried out by automated means and the legal basis for processing is consent or contract
Should you have any issues, concerns or problems in relation to your data, or wish to notify us of data which is inaccurate, please let us know by contacting us using the contact details above. In the event that you are not satisfied with our processing of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority, which is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) in the UK, at any time. The ICO’s contact details are available here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
This policy may be updated from time to time. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes.
This policy was last updated on: 12th October 2018