For anyone in the logistics business, the Talent in Logistics Conference is an event not to be missed. Now in its third year, it’s a chance for HR, learning and development and operational professionals to share knowledge and best practice.
This year’s event will be our biggest and best yet – here’s why you should book your ticket today…
1) This is your chance to learn from the experts about the latest updates in logistics and best practices to attract, develop and engage talent. The 2019 conference boasts a stellar line-up of expert speakers who will lead a series of talks and seminars in three theatres, each with a specialised theme: Attract, Develop and Engage. Topics will range from ‘Solving the Skills Gap Through Youth Employment, Workforce Development and Being An Authentic Leader.
2) You will have access to a new and improved InfoZone where Cranfield School of Management, Woodfines Solicitors and the Institute of Leadership & Management are among the diverse range of companies offering solutions to logistics problems. This is a great opportunity to be at the forefront of new technologies and get some one-on-one time with experts who can help you improve the people strategies within your business. You can use our networking area to meet new contacts and arrange appointments in a quiet and comfortable environment away from the rest of the conference.
3) We pride ourselves on creating a friendly atmosphere for all our delegates, making the conference the ideal place to develop your networking skills. It’s not uncommon for people to miss out on these opportunities due to a lack confidence, but we will be on hand to welcome you as soon as you arrive.
4) It’s always comforting to know you’re not alone, and every year the conference is filled with people looking for solutions to the same problems. We believe the best way to learn best practice is from each other, so seize this opportunity to meet your peers and start tackling your shared challenges together.
5) It’s actually a lot of fun! Yes, we know, ‘networking event’ probably doesn’t scream ‘fun day out’, but our delegates do have a great time! Aside from the talks and demonstrations, each year the conference hosts the live finals of Forklift Operator of the Year – sponsored by UniCarriers UK – where finalists are put through their paces in a series of interactive challenges. This year’s delegates will also see the introduction of another exhilarating live event when the LGV Driver of the Year finalists go head-to-head.
6) Following the conference, we host the third annual Talent in Logistics Awards which is all about recognising and rewarding the teams and individuals who work hard every day to keep the country on the move. For a sector that works quietly in the background, this is a great way to shout about what we do.
7) Most importantly of course, you will leave equipped with the skills and knowledge you need to make real improvements to your people strategies, employee engagement and talent attraction.
With the sector facing a looming skills deficit, it has never been more important to arm your business with the tools it needs to develop. Talent in Logistics is a unique combination of networking, learning and entertainment, so if you’re looking to grow your business and challenge yourself, book your tickets today.
Tickets for the conference and awards ceremony are on sale now, click here to book your place.