LGV Driver of the Year
New for 2019!
Could you or one of your drivers be the first Talent in Logistics LGV Driver of the Year?
LGV drivers are the face of our industry. Their actions shape the image and reputation of their employer and the industry as a whole. It’s a demanding role with long hours, and it’s almost all conducted in the public eye – which is why drivers representing their employer and industry with the utmost professionalism deserve an award of their own.
Nominees can enter themselves, with a referee or be entered by their trainer or manager.
The nominee should demonstrate a high level of skill, safety, and efficiency.
Once the online entry is submitted, independently qualified judges will whittle down the nominees into a shortlist. These shortlisted entrants will be invited to live regional heats which, if successful will cement them a spot in the live final which takes place during the Talent in Logistics Annual Conference on Thursday 27th June 2019.
There they will face a number of challenges where they will go head to head in demonstrating a high level of skill and safety through demonstration of both underpinning knowledge and practical LGV operation.
Nominees must be a professional LGV driver of CAT C or C+E Trucks, and must live in the UK.
Each category you enter will require a separate entry form. Entries should be no more than 1,000 words in total (this includes your 200 word summary). Although not a specific requirement, you can attach up to 3 supporting documents to support your entry; such as testimonials, videos, useful links, product/service information sheets, or tables/graphs.
- Detail how the nominee demonstrates high levels of professionalism/customer service
- Explain how the nominee represents the road transport industry in a professional light. Have they been involved in incident management? Did they arrive first on scene at an RTC?
- Provide details of the nominees driving performance through telematics, driver scorecards etc. Include any facts or figures relating to compliance, productivity, fleet optimisation and safety
- Explain how the nominee has encouraged positive public perception and inspired future generations
- What other qualities make the nominees stand out?