Emma joined Mind in 2007 and, since 2010, has led Mind’s campaigning for mentally healthy workplaces- playing a pivotal role in thought leadership to position mental health in the workplace as a key priority for employers and Government.
Emma has led culture change through engagement with employers, health and safety professionals, HR audiences and Government on mental health in the workplace and back-to-work support for people with mental health problems. She also supports networks of employers and stakeholders to share best practice and develop business-to-business peer support. Emma has worked in the disability sector since 2005 and previously worked for Mencap the learning disability charity.
Mental health is everyone’s business
About 1 in 4 people in the UK experience mental health problems, and this includes people from all backgrounds, working in every industry. With this statistic in mind, Emma will be discussing the importance of understanding mental health, and offering practical advice and insight into the particular challenges faced by LGV drivers with regards to mental wellbeing. The session will also look to dispel the stigma surrounding mental health and help employers understand what they can do support their staff. The key themes in this session include:
- What keeps people well at work
- What can cause people to struggle including the particular challenges or risk factors for LGV drivers
- How employers and managers can support the mental health of their staff
- How to spot the signs of poor mental health
- How you can take care of your own mental health
- The importance of building mental health literacy across your organisation